6. If an arg [THE ACTUAL TEST WILL HAVE 10-12 TRUE/FALSE TEST ITEMS.] Part II. Identify the kind of definition used in each of the
6. If an arg
[THE ACTUAL TEST WILL HAVE 10-12 TRUE/FALSE TEST ITEMS.]
Part II. Identify the kind of definition used in each of the following examples.
7. ‘Neophyte’ means ‘beginner’.
8. ‘Cetacean’ means a whale, a dolphin, or a porpoise.
9. Authentic art requires the artificial reproduction of reality.
10. A "liberal" means a whiney, fiscally irresponsible bleeding-heart critic of big business.
[THE ACTUAL TEST WILL HAVE 5-6 DEFINITION TEST ITEMS.]
Part III. Identify the fallacy that occurs in each of the following examples or indicate no fallacy.
11. I think capital punishment for murderers is quite justified because there are a number of good reasons
for putting to death people who commit such crimes.
(a) Syntactic ambiguity (b) Circular reasoning (c) Question begging definition (d) No fallacy
12. The sheer prejudice that is nationalism has no proper place in the contemporary world of international
(a) Loaded language (b) Circular reasoning (c) Faulty appeal to authority (d) No fallacy
Do you need us to help you on this or any other assignment?
Make an Order Now